Calling all Mounds of Curiosity fans – we have something sweet for you! As we all navigate our new “normal”, we want you to be able to enjoy your Ignite favorites at home, with at least a little bit of the taproom experience! Below we will walk you through how to toast coconut at home so that you can add it to the rim of your next pint of Mounds of Curiosity!
Prep time: >5 minutes
Toasting time: 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Pour the sweetened coconut evenly onto a rimmed baking sheet
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes
- After 7 minutes, take the baking sheet out of the oven and stir the coconut. Rotate the baking sheet and put back in the oven.
- For the next 7-8 minutes, take the baking sheet out of the oven and stir the coconut every minute on the minute until lightly browned to your desire. Total toasting time will be 12-15 minutes, depending on your oven and your desired level of toastedness.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Grind up the coconut very fine either with a mortar and pestle, in a food processor, or by placing in a plastic bag and pounding / rolling with a rolling pin.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To rim your glass, use two small bowls – one filled with water and one with the toasted coconut. Dip the rim of your glass in the water first, and then in the toasted coconut. Then pour your Mounds of Curiosity and enjoy! 😊