During these uncertain times, it is important to stay connected to our friends and family. Missing your normal happy hour with your favorite people? No worries, we’re here to help! Although we can’t help you get together in person, we can give you the resources you need to host a virtual happy hour.
Step One: Drive to Ignite (or order online for a home delivery!), and grab some crowlers (or growlers!) of your favorite Ignite beers.
For some extra fun, you could “theme” your happy hour by selecting your beers based on a certain topic and create your own flight based on what’s on draft. Some examples of themed flights based on our current availability could be:
- Traditional German Favorites – Oktoberfest Märzen, Prӧst Hefeweizen, Ignite Shadows Munich Dunkel, Flow State German Pilsner
- Fruity Favorites – Women on the Rise Blackberry Lime Gose, Cherry Blonde, Currant Attraction Black Currant Blonde Ale, Hearts Collide Strawberry Jalapeño Blonde Ale
- IPA All Day – Heroes & Legends Double IPA, 5-4-3 Double IPA, Ignite Your Adventure American IPA, Curiosity IPA v1.6
- Day Drinking Sessionable Lighter Beers – Ignite Memory Lane American Light Lager, Weird Day Wit Belgian Witbier, La Luz Especial Mexican Lager, Matchstick Blonde Ale
- A “Sweet” Pairing (perfect to pair with desserts) – Cherry Blonde, Bright Side Stout White Stout, Mounds of Curiosity Sweet Stout with Coconut & Cacao Nibs, Blonde Barista Coffee Blonde Ale
Step Two: Choose your virtual happy hour platform. Some examples of the most popular platforms include FaceTime, Zoom, Houseparty, Google Hangouts, Microsoft Teams.
Using Zoom as a specific example for a “how to” since it’s one of the most popular ones these days, you can download the Zoom App and create an account on Zoom.
Step Three: Tell all your friends and family about your beer selections, virtual happy hour platform, and the date and time!
Again for a specific example, in Zoom you can set-up a meeting and send the invite to your friends and family. To do that, you can:
- Click “Schedule” in the Zoom App.
- Fill in all of the details and schedule your meeting.
- Go to “Meetings” and click “Copy Invitation” – paste and send your invitation to everyone that you wish to invite!
Step Four: Enjoy your favorite beers via video chat with your favorite people!
If you host an Ignite virtual happy hour, we’d love to hear about it! Post your happy hour pics on your Facebook or Instagram and tag us with #IgniteVirtualTaproom. We can’t wait to see what fun you have!